Monday, January 2, 2012

A comment on a Compost comments comment

To bring in the new year the Cairns Post has announced that it will enforce disclosure of full name and location as part of its comments policy to prevent anonymous and pseudonymous commmentators. My award for best response in the debate on this among the comments thread at the ComPost:

I am a standup comedian and I frequently scour Cairns.com.au comments for material. I don't know what I'm going to do now.
Posted by: Ethan Addie of Melbourne   12:49pm Saturday
Comment 42 of 72
Perhaps we have not properly appreciated our potential as a source of comic content. If only it could be copyrighted or patented it could be the new industry to diversify the Cairns economy?

It can only be presumed that Post moderators will also now stick to their own comments policy on abuse and factual error among other aspects, regardless of whether anonymous or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment